The theme is broadly:News about open global datasets for energy system modeling
Status : successful event with circa 58 participants, videos to be edited and uploaded to YouTube in due course
Jump to : Table summarizing presentations
When : Wednesday 05 May 2021 13:00 +0000 (UTC) for 2 hours plus 30 minutes informal time. See here for other timezones.
What : 10 slots for 6 minute talks + 4 minutes questions/comments.
Who : Anyone can join to listen (up to 300 participants) but registration is required. We’re limiting the event to 10 presentation slots to keep the length reasonable.
How to suggest a talk : Scroll down and add your talk to the list. That post is a so‑called wikipost that can be edited by anyone registered with the forum.
How to connect : Use Zoom — works for Windozzz, Mac, and GNU/Linux. But please install and test your client before the workshop. Apologies that this is not free software, but it works very well for group calls. Zoom hosting will be provided by the Department of Sustainable Systems Engineering – INATECH, University of Freiburg, Germany: https://www.inatech.uni-freiburg.de/en
Talk format : Zoom allows you to share your screen with other participants, so you can share your talk slides. We’d appreciate it if you make your slides available to the organizers beforehand. And preferably with a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) license at your discretion.
How to register : The following private page contains the URL needed to register with Zoom — although you will need to be registered with this forum in order to access that page:
CEST timezone used.
Start time in other timezones
|Thursday||06 May 2021||01:00||+1200||NZST|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||23:00||+1000||AEST|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||18:30||+0530||IST (India)|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||16:00||+0300||MSK|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||15:00||+0200||CEST|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||14:00||+0100||IST (Ireland)|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||14:00||+0100||BST|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||13:00||+0000||UTC|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||09:00||-0400||EDT|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||07:00||-0600||MDT|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||06:00||-0700||PDT|
|Wednesday||05 May 2021||03:00||-1000||HST|
List of talks
See wikipost below.
Format for each talk
- The speaker will be moderated into the meeting by the timekeeper
- Please remember to unmute your microphone and introduce yourself briefly
- The speaker can share their slides or screen by hovering over the main Zoom screen, clicking “Share”, and selecting what they would like to share
- They can speak for 6 minutes — all other participants will be muted by the moderators during this time
- After 5 minutes they will received a “1 minute warning” on audio from the timekeeper
- After 6 minutes they will be asked to stop talking by the timekeeper
- If they are still speaking after 6.5 minutes, the timekeeper will mute them (sorry)
- To ask questions to the speaker, write your question in the public “Chat”
- The question moderator will group similar questions and ask the questioner to put their question over audio to the speaker
- After 9.5 minutes the timekeeper will ask everyone to start wrapping up and prepare for the next speaker
- If you have further questions for the speaker, please use the open forum at the end of the formal session or contact them privately
- @jan.frederick will do Zoom hosting duties (managing who’s (un)muted etc)
- @jan.frederick and @mirko.schaefer will co-host and keep time
- @jan.frederick and @mirko.schaefer question moderator will moderate the questions following each talk
- @robbie.morrison will say a brief welcome to those joining from the global south
Session recording and publication
We will record the entire session. For people who provide their consent, we will make the recordings available after the session under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) license. We will not publish anything personally identifiable without that consent. You may withdraw your consent after the event is complete but prior to publication We will respect the wishes of anyone who asks to delete the recordings of themselves. We also remind participants that the organizers cannot prevent attendees from recording the meeting privately using screen capture software.
Please contact @robbie.morrison if you have questions about the recording, editing, and publication processes. The openmod YouTube channel URL and other details of that service can be found here:
Since we may be more than 50 people, we have to enforce some house rules to respect everyone’s time and attention:
- We will keep military time and discipline
- Download, install and test Zoom before the workshop
- Please use video if you can
- Use a stable internet connection
- Don’t talk unless invited to by one of the moderators
- Best to use a headset if you’re talking
- When you’re not talking, mute your microphone
- If you call with a hurricane in the background, we will mute you
- Ask questions in the public “Chat”