Dear open modellers,
we need your feedback!
Therefore, we kindly invite you to our workshop on Market Designs in Germany and the EU, in which we would like to get your feedback on our latest research from the EU-Horizon2020 project TradeRES - New Market Designs & Models for 100% Renewable Power Systems.
The first part of our workshop is policy-oriented and covers the conceptual discussion of market design options as well as a presentation of our latest modelling results for the German and European market presented by consortium members EnBW and DLR.
The second part of the workshop addresses energy system modelers and offers a hands-on experience with the tools employed and enhanced in the project. We introduce you to Spine Toolbox, AMIRIS and Backbone and ask for your professional assessment and advice on the tools we developed at DLR and VTT. Both parts are independent of each other – feel free to join either one or both parts of the workshop, depending on your interests and expertise.
Where & When Online, October 12th 2023
Part 1: Research Results 09:30h – 12:30h CEST
Part 2: Tools Hands-on 14:00h – 17:00h CEST
All times CEST (UTC+2).
Part 1: Concepts and Results
- 09:30h Welcome and Introduction
- 09:45h Impulse: Regulating wholesale market participants as an alternative to capacity remuneration mechanisms (EnBW)
- 10:30 An Introduction to the Scenarios, Models and Case Studies within TradeRES (DLR, EnBW)
- 11:00h Break
- 11:15h Support instruments for variable renewables: Theory and Model Results (DLR, EnBW)
- 12:30h End of Part 1
Part 2: Hands-on Tool Demonstration
- 14:00h Welcome and Introduction
- 14:15h AMIRIS + Spine Toolbox: Installation and Execution (DLR)
- 14:30h Analysing Market Designs in AMIRIS (DLR)
- 15:35h Break
- 15:45h Backbone + Spine Toolbox: Installation and Execution (VTT)
- 17:00h End of Part 2
Please register online for the first and/or second part of the workshop until October 8th . There is no admission fee. Please check this page for detailed information about technical prerequisites for the second part of the workshop.