We have this exciting PhD position open at the Energy Economics Group / TU Wien.
The candidate will work on European and national research projects dealing with the decarbonisation of the heating and cooling sector. The focus will be on the spatial explicit modelling of district heating systems, including the integration of industrial waste heat in district heating systems.
- Completed technical, natural science or economic studies
- GIS knowledge
- Programming skills, e.g. in Python, R, Matlab, GAMS or the like
- Interest and knowledge in energy economics and energy technology
- Good knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of German is an advantage
- Analytical thinking and independent working style
- Willingness and ability to work in a team.
- Scientific work in a young, committed team
- Independent, self-responsible work
- Participation in national and international projects
- International exchange with cooperation partners
- Good training opportunities within the framework of doctoral studies
- Full-time employment
- Salary of initially Euro 2,971.50 gross per month for full-time employment.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30.9.2021.