Own component creating - How to add model constraints?

Hello everybody, i am pretty new in oemof and i have a question.

I have created a new component based on the “GenericStorage” component (through inheritance). So far everything is clear.

I now want to add further restrictions (pyomo constraints) to my new component like this:

def _my_function(energy_system_model):
        for timestep in energy_system_model.TIMESTEPS:

setattr(energy_system_model, "myconstraint", pyomo.Constraint(energy_system_model.TIMESTEPS, noruleinit=True))
setattr(energy_system_model, "myconstraint_build", pyomo.BuildAction(rule=_my_function))

Previously i always added these constraints at the end, before solving the model and after creating the pyomo model. Like the following:

energy_system_model = oemof.solph.Model(energy_system)

add_all_model_constraints()

energy_system_model.solve('cbc', ....)

But now i want to add these restrictions automatically to the model when i create the model with the first instruction above.

How can i realize this?

Is there a special function for every component that is called automatically when the model is created?

Try to understand the existing storage. Add a new class and follow the same structure as the existing components. Do not forget the grouping. You need to create a group for each new component and than write a new Block-class for the group. If you just want to change the constraints but keep the attributes you can inherit from the GenericStorage, change the group and add a new Block-class.

Hi @uwe.krien,
sorry for my late respone and thanks for your answer.

I think your answer has already helped me. I’ll try it, thanks.

Text and images licensed under CC BY 4.0Data licensed under CC0 1.0Code licensed under MITSite terms of serviceOpenmod mailing list.