New MSCA program in open-source energy system modelling

Dear openmod community,

The new Iberian Centre for Research in Energy Storage (CIIAE) will open soon positions for MSCA postdocs to work on open-source energy system modelling for 3 years, in the context of the MSCA COFUND program TALENT4IBERIA.

One of the topics included by the program is open source energy system modelling, and we are searching for candidates. Eligibility criteria corresponds to: posdoctoral experience up to 8 years after PhD (with PhD title already granted when the application is submitted) and only one year of research experience in Spain out of the last 3 years (mobility criteria).

The succesful candidates would benefit from a competitive MSCA salary for 3 years, travel allowance, familly allowance, funding for conferences and research equipment, as well as secondments in institutions like VITO (BE), SINTEF (NO), EMPA (CH) and VTT (FI), among others. The job will be in the beautiful city of Cáceres, between Madrid and Lisbon, which is Unesco heritage and cheap to live in.

Candidates should prepare a 10 page proposal with me as a host which would be evaluated at the EU level. The starting date would be in the first quarter of 2025.

The official program will be released in the coming months (expected before July), together with a dedicated wepbage. I just wanted to share this preliminary information.

If any one is interested, please send me an e-mail.

Best regards,

Dr. David Parra Mendoza

Head of Hydrogen and Power-to-X department

Iberian Centre for Research in Energy Storage

david.parra@ciiae.org

(+34) 618 040 515

Visiting Scholar at Institute for Environmental Sciences (ISE), University of Geneva

CIIAE - Twitter - Linked-InGoogle scholar - Orcid - ResearchGate - Scopus