this thread collects feedback regarding the berlin-2020 workshop to help the improvement of upcoming events and to share lessons learned.
Here is a link to the online survey results that we conducted during the workshop: survey results
Feel free to use this thread to post your reflective ideas, comments, improvements, and discuss it with others. If you prefer a more anonymous way, you can use the Etherpad: anonymous_feedback_berlin-2020.
Here are our suggestions for Feedback Questions:
- Open Feedback
- What did I like about berlin-2020 (formats, venue, atmosphere)?
- What did i dislike about berlin-2020 (formats, venue, atmosphere)?
- What needs to/can be improved?
- Diversity: as a person who identifies as female, lesbian, inter, queer, trans, *, black, indigenous, people of color, [please add] how did you experience berlin-2020 or what did you experience? Is there anything you would like to share?
- Diversity : as a person who does not identify as female, lesbian, inter, queer, trans, *, black, indigenous, people of color, [please add] what do you think you could do to make openmod more diverse?
- we really enjoyed the workshop and had a lot of fun organizing it
- organizing a workshop is a lot of fun and you can learn a lot from it
- organizing a workshop (across institutions) is a great networking possibility
- organizing a workshop requires some capacities in the preparation phase and takes a lot of capacities during the workshop days (plan to rest afterwards)
- the important information can be communicated on different channels & multiple times (its quite a challenge to reach everyone;)
- for time management reasons, it pays off to spent time to conceptualize the Agenda (& to gather people before the workshops with a bell;)
- Format of Lightning Talks could be improved
Thanks again for making berlin-2020 a great workshop:)
Sarah, Anselm, Jens