Update: I won’t be able to make the Aarhus workshop, so somebody else should lead this do-a-thon
In this workshop we’ll draw up some hints and guidelines for running a remote openmod workshop. Remote workshops can increase international access to openmod workshops, avoid people flying and provide long-term access to workshop outputs like talks.
Topics to cover include:
- Software for audio and video self-recording of talks
- Online chatrooms for talks / do-a-thons
- Remote workshop concepts from other fields
- Local/remote meetings (as suggested by @Christian.winzer)
- Audio issues, including sound quality, external microphones, and recording formats and settings (see also podcasting)
Things to look at:
- SustainableUX workshop series
- A nearly carbon-neutral conference model — White paper/practical guide
- Some of the other remote infrastructure recently discussed
A set of guidelines on a wiki page for running a remote workshop.