Adjust summed_max/min of a flow

Hi guys,

I’m currently modelling what the impact of electric vehicles will be on the power production and the power demand of Switzerland.

My problem:
If a flow is not fixed, I can set summed_max and summed_min constraint of the flow, so that the solver optimizes the flow to minimize the cost function. This is already implemented in oemof.

However, summed_max and summed_min are only the limits over all timesteps. For example if I calculate the scenario over a timespan of a year, they are the maximum and minimum limit for all the 8760 timesteps. What I want to do however is to be able to set summed_max and summed_min for monthly timesteps, so that it optimizes the flow within these monthly limits (~730) timesteps.

Is there a way I can do that? I appreciate your help and inputs!

First of all such a function is not implemented in oemof.solph.

I wonder if it is a good idea to do so from a model-philosophic perspective, but you may have your reasons. By the way a month is a very arbitrary time period.

Anyway, I have four ideas how you can deal with your problem.

1. You could solve your problem month by month but this will obviously affect all components, which might be a problem.
  2. You could create your own component with your own API.
  3. You could extend the existing Flow class in a private Fork and add a summed_max_periodical attribute. Afterwards we could discuss, whether it could become a core feature of oemof.solph.
  4. You could create 12 parallel Flows, each working just one month, having a summed_max attribute. I know, this is a very clumsy way, but it is easy and should work if the problem does not become to big.

Just a little update: In the meantime, there appeared a ticket at GitHub that suggest a new feature, which might help with your problem. Would the suggested solution serve your needs?

Text and images licensed under CC BY 4.0Data licensed under CC0 1.0Code licensed under MITSite terms of serviceOpenmod mailing list.