Open Energy Modelling Workshop — Freiburg 2020

Dear open-mod community,

you haven’t heard from us for a while. Given the current situation, here in Freiburg we are still discussing several options for the Open Energy Modelling Workshop supposed to take place in 2020; an online conference, a conference in late September 2020, a conference in spring 2021, and further alternatives.

For now we want to inform you that we will take some more time to observe the situation, both here in Germany and in other countries. In middle of June 2020, we will then get back to you with a suggestion for the workshop.

We will keep you updated and get back to you as soon as there are any news.

Greetings and stay healthy,
Freddy & Mirko

6 Likes

Dear open-mod community,

we are sorry to inform you that we have decided to postpone the Open Mod Workshop 2020. We were looking forward to welcome you here in sunny Freiburg for the workshop, but we still face too much planning uncertainties both for us as organizers and for you as participants due to the corona crisis.
Nevertheless, we want to stick to the decision to organize the next Open Mod Workshop in Freiburg, which we hope can take place in spring 2021.

Until then, we would be happy to meet you at the next Online Lightning Talks.

See you in spring 2021 in Freiburg!

Freddy and Mirko

2 Likes

Hi, I was wondering about your plans for hosting an in-person openmod meeting?

At the consortium meeting of the H2020 project ECEMF last week, we considered hosting one of the capacity-building workshops (part of the ECEMF deliverables) in conjunction with the next (in-person) openmod workshop.

Also, IIASA would be happy to host an openmod workshop end of April 2023 (earlier seems unrealistic given the pandemic outlook), in case that the situation in Freiburg has changed.

4 Likes

Lots of love for the initiative to host an in-presence openmod! Also agree that running those workshops back-to-back has its benefits.

1 Like

Thanks @fabian.neumann!

@jan.frederick, do you still have plans to host an openmod meeting in Freiburg at some point?

Hey @danielhuppmann and open-mod community,

thank you for your initiative to push the topic again. In the last few months, we have been discussing internally whether we can host the Open Energy Modelling Workshop in Freiburg in 2023. Since I recently got a new job and I’m in the process of finishing my PhD thesis we came to the conclusion that we can’t host the Open Energy Modelling Workshop in the foreseeable future.
I would be very happy to meet in person at Open Energy Modelling Workshop hosted by IIASA in the spring of 2023.

Freddy & Mirko

1 Like